Monday, 19 July 2010

A New Series


After the very positive and very kind feedback received following this blog's series on The Fall of Anne Boleyn back in May, I will be starting another very soon, as well as keeping up with regular, random blogging.

Starting next week, and averaging (I hope) one every week or two, I will be writing a series on the lives of the Queens of England, beginning with Matilda of Flanders, the wife of William the Conqueror.

I haven't yet decided what to do when we reach the tricky issue of the 16th century and the advent of Lady Jane Grey and Queen Mary I, who were Queens-Regnant. I am tempted to write instead of their consorts - Lord Guildford Dudley and King Philip II, and to do the same when it comes to the husbands of the other reigning Queens: George of Denmark, Prince Albert and the current Duke of Edinburgh.

But, we'll see - it's a long way off.

Some of the lives of the Queens of England are beyond fascinating, particularly those who we aren't so used to hearing about and I hope the series lives up to the subjects!

The first few posts will cover the Queens of the House of Normandy, who ruled England between 1066 and 1154, they are: -

"The Friend of True Piety": The Life of Matilda of Flanders, Queen of England

The Good Queen: The Life of Matilda of Scotland, Queen of England

The Fair Maid of Brabant: The Life of Adeliza of Louvain, Queen of England

The Other Queen: The Life of Matilda of Boulogne, Queen of England

6 comments:

  1. I thought your series on Anne Boleyn was very well done - I'm looking forward to reading others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to this series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really looking forward to this series - like some people, I name my laptops/cameras/iPods, but unlike others, all my toys are named after Queens of England. (My laptop is Eleanor, after Eleanor of Aquitaine; my iPod is Anne, after Anne Boleyn; and so on. I'm a dork, I know.) It's been fun learning about these queens from Wikipedia, since I only choose names of queens who were awesome in some way, but it'll be interesting to look more in-depth.

    Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your series on Anne Boleyn is what got me reading this blog. I am very excited to read your upcoming series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am anticipating an entertaining and educational series. You have a real talent for writing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails